PTMA offer full architectural services to our clients. This is traditionally considered to include architectural assistance from assistance with the clients brief and concept design, through to assistance for the client on site through the build process. We are happy to provide this service for our clients.
Other clients request a partial service: which takes some of the services for a project but not others. Examples of this might include –
- Clients who want an architectural design and documents for approvals and a builder. These clients might be building with a builder they trust and have used in the past and may not require any assistance with construction services. OR
- A builder who may be commencing a Design and Construct contract for a building. They may already have a concept design which is the basis of the contract. However, they may need to develop the design, and have it documented for approvals and / or for construction.
We are able to tailor our services to suit individual projects – and so our fees are tailored on a project by project basis. This can often depend on the extent of services (such as above). But also depends on
- the complexity of the project,
- the size of the project
- the timeframe, and
- the level of detail desired.
Fees don’t always directly relate to the total construction cost. Though where the construction cost is impacted by the above factors, then the fees will usually reflect that.
As a family operated business we take pride in tailoring our services to our clients needs, and can tailor our fees accordingly. This is usually easier to do accurately for you once we have worked out a brief or an initial concept with you.
Select the items below to find out more about our design process:
Full architectural design services, from
- responding to or developing a brief with a client.
- site master planning and initial concepts
- through to developing designs, details, and interiors and selections.
Documentation services, including
- managing approvals processes required
- documenting for town planning through to Building Application and Construction Certificates.
- co-ordinating consultant documents where required, depending on the project.
- providing ‘for Construction’ documents for projects where requested (a higher level of resolution and detail to inform the build process)
- providing amended documents or “as built” documents where requested.
Project management services including from design, through documentation and to delivery of the project.
This typically involves –
- ongoing liaison with our clients from commencement of a project to completion of our role in it.
- managing a consultant team, so that we can be a single point of contact for our clients.
- obtaining builder pricing,
- lodging applications as required and managing the approvals processes
- preparation of standard building contracts where required
- providing services to assist the client (and builder) through the construction phases of a project where required.
- construction services can be provided through to the end of construction and beyond – to assistance after the owners have taken possession of the building, or move in.
Assisting clients with cost control of their project’s budget, at early stages of the project through to construction. This can include collaboration with builders and quantity surveyors as the required. Note that not all clients want this aspect of a service as it does take time (and hence it does cost money). However, building a good relationship with the project team includes the quantity surveyor (where required) and builder. The sooner this is started, the sooner the project design can be tested against a clients budget.