Who are we?
Partners Peter McArdle and Teresa Wuersching are Gold Coast architects who between them have over 30 years of experience in the business of architecture. This includes both in their own practice, and as Project Architects in respected Brisbane offices.
ptma Architecture is their collaboration
Focused on delivering high quality, sustainable design. To date this has focused on home design, apartment design, mixed use and small scale commercial projects.
Over the past 15 years, the practice has designed
- homes and renovations ranging from; luxury modern home designs to eco houses, Queenslanders to beach houses, and rural style homes to granny flats or apartment renovations.
- apartment buildings up to 8 storeys, subdivisions, townhouses and mixed use projects
- commercial projects (new and renovations), and commercial fit-out projects.
- modular (prefabricated) designs, including for transport to remote locations.
As Gold Coast architects, projects are typically centred around the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Tweed areas. However previous projects range with clients based in Sydney and Melbourne through to Gladstone and Townsville in Central Queensland
Peter and Teresa’s primary focus remains: providing a personal service catering to their clients’ needs.
The process, and fees can therefore be varied to suit each project.
The process typically includes
- listening to the client’s initial needs, and then
- challenging this brief, and
- expanding on it collaboratively with the client, and
- evolving this through the design process for each project.
It is through the process of testing a brief that both client and architect develop a more thorough understanding of the needs of the project.
The initial design process typically looks at how the project addresses its place and time and explores use of materials. These explorations can result in some happy ‘accidental’ architecture along the way. This can enrich and personalise the experience clients enjoy through their projects. The process is designed to add value to the project for the client while delivering the project as part of a team, on time and inside the budget.
If you’d like to discuss how ptma architecture can help with your building design project. Or follow us on social media.
Give us a call on +61 7 5641 0415. Or email us at [email protected]